21.7.10








I've been working on a print edition for the exhibition 'Turn up the colour' taking place at the end of this month at Analogue Books in Edinburgh. Over the past few months I have been making patterned surfaces on cut up paper and investigating the different textures that can be created through the limitations of mono colour and lines intersecting. This is the first composition I have made from these shapes, but I hope to create a whole series.
The final outcome for the exhibition is a 5 colour edition of 9 screenprints which I have also embossed into. Above you can see me turning up the colour, ho ho.. and below are some details of the print and the processes involved.






TURN UP THE COLOUR
ANALOGUE BOOKS
102 WEST BOW, EDINBURGH
SAT 31st JULY - 30th AUGUST
PV 30th JULY 7-9

4 comments:

emma lewis said...

these are so lovely, wish i could go see them in the flesh!

Unknown said...

Darling, I almost wanted to cry...These are so stunning!

Marcus Butt said...

really cool, looking very sharp! like the colour build up

amy said...

looks gorgeous hannah!